February has arrived and here at Fitness Adventure Travel we are just contemplating which of our New Year Resolutions we are still sticking to. Robert was keen to get back to Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) and has restarted this week with a vengeance. Christine promised herself that she would start doing yoga classes – the first one is on Friday so fingers crossed she makes it. So we think that February is not too late to start on your keeping resolutions.
Useful Resolution Tips
Here are a few ideas we have picked up ‘en route’ which colleagues are using to keep themselves motivated:
- Share your resolution with others, especially if it is something that can be observed. They can then remind you – and even if they don’t at least we can think that they may notice.
- Make an appointment to see a specialist e.g. a personal trainer if your resolution was going to the gym. The extra cost will result in more being achieved (and that gym membership won’t go to waste.)
- Only tackle one change in behaviour at a time – there’s so much to think about in this hectic world that having only one resolution is easier to concentrate on.
- Start small – better to make a small adjustment and stick to it than a large one and find it is impossible to keep to.
- Don’t punish yourself for slipping back. Just put any slip ups behind you and keep on with the regime.
- Set yourself an achievable target.
- Start saving up for a magnificent experience that can be your reward! What about a fitness adventure holiday in three months’ time?
Achieve your Goals
In order to achieve the goals we set ourselves at the beginning of January, we know that we are going to have to persevere, push on relentlessly. This may involve reflection on progress made and if a different path needs to be taken but as billionaire Mark Cuban says – doing is more powerful than dreaming so we need to keep on with the action – even if we are seen as slightly obsessed!