Croatia is a truly unspoiled gem; white sandy beaches kissing crystal clear sapphire waters, verdant forests and romantic villages. Here it’s easy to steer clear of the crowds, heading to remote islands, hidden coves and traditional fishing villages. It’s the perfect setting for our intense fitness adventure.
This multi-activity adventure holiday will take you along the spectacular Adriatic coast to the country’s beautiful, and seemingly untouched, continental region. Here our elite personal trainers will guide you through this gorgeous landscape to dazzle your eyes and train your body.
Explore the Elafiti Islands by sea kayak, dive and swim in the famous Blue Cave, discover hidden coves, raft and canoe on the Cetina and Trebizat Rivers. You’ll also hike and rock climb in Croatia’s beloved Paklenica National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Here flowing waters carve distinctive canyons into the mountains and series of 16 emerald green and opal blue lakes and more than 90 waterfalls and numerous caves give our personal trainers ample opportunity to devise intense, exciting workouts to strengthen your fitness and awaken all your senses.
We’ll also journey to some of Croatia’s major cities, including Dubrovnik and Mostar, where you can take in the local culture, sightsee, sip Dalmation Island wine and dine on top-notch Croatian cuisine. You’ll also enjoy a homestay — a rare opportunity to experience of Croatian hospitality first-hand and get a true taste of local customs culture.
Ljubuski: You will stay in a traditional Croatian family-run hotel by the river serving traditional meals and local specialties.
Korana Village homestay: These private guest houses, built in traditional Croatian style are located beside the crystal clear Korana River that feeds the National Park’s Plitvice Lakes. They offer simple, clean and comfortable rooms in an idyllic setting. Meals will be served either in a big tent by the river’s edge, in private village homes or in local restaurants. This is an ideal base from which to explore the surrounding area and provides a genuinely authentic Croatian experience.
Day 1 – Arrival
• Arrive in Dubrovnik and transfer to Zaton, a charming, picturesque bay 8 km from Dubrovnik
• Brief orientation
• Overnight in Zaton Bay B&B
Day 2 – Elafiti Islands
• Trip to Kolocep, the most interesting of the 13 Elafiti Islands with blue caves, impressive cliffs and reefs, sandy beaches, romantic villages and pleasant walks
• Explore the silent underwater world in one of its most interesting spots and have a rest on the beach
• Kayaking – 3-4 hour, easy/moderate activity
• Optional evening evening in Dubrovnik Old town
• Overnight in Zaton Bay
Day 3 – Mostar UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Trip to Mostar, the cultural and economic center of Herzegovina. This 500-year-old town sits between high mountains and is divided by the Neretva River
• Afternoon drive to Ljubuski
• Canoe trip down the narrow Trebizat River, surrounded by lush forests teeming with birds and the stunningly beautiful karst landscape
• Overnight at Ljubuski hotel
Day 4 – Cetina River Rafting Adventure
• Drive north towards a small village near Omis
• Rafting trip on the river’s clear green water, through jungle-like forests, caves and waterfalls. (Rafting on the Cetina is easy enough for families and absolute beginners)
• Radman Mills, a national restaurant in a beautiful setting of old mills once powered by the waters of the Cetina River
• Free time to explore Split and Trogir
• Overnight at Trogir hotel
Day 5 – Paklenica National Park Hike and Kayaking on Zrmanja River
• Travel to Paklenica National Park, the most famous trekking and rock climbing national park in Croatia Here you’ll meet local people and see distinctive canyons carved vertically into the south slopes of Velebit Mountain and the broader surrounding area
• Hike in the park
• Traditional Croatian lunch in the park
• Kayaking and canoing trip on the Zrmanja River’s perfectly clear and green waters. Discover rapids and waterfalls, hidden swimming pools and steep sided canyons
• Journey on to Novigrad where we will spend the night
Day 6 – Velebit Nature Park
• Travel to Velebit Nature Park
• Drive to Plitvice Lakes National Park where we’ll trek through the incredible landscape
• Homestay in Korana Village, a small romantic location, hidden away in a valley by the river
Day 7 – Plitvice Lakes National Park
• Hike along the wooden paths and bridges in and around Plitvice Lakes, Croatia’s premier national park and a UNESCO National Heritage Site
• Picnic lunch
• A panoramic boat and train ride will take us back
• Enjoy a swim in the clear river right in front of your house
• Overnight in Korana village homestay accommodation
Day 8 – Departure
• Transfer to Zagreb airport for your flight home. If you wish to spend some time in Zagreb, our guide(s) will be happy to transfer you to your accommodation in the city
Fitness Adventure Travel combines successful fitness with exotic, intriguing destinations. Whether you request a specifically tailored itinerary, or choose one of our set departures, you can look forward to a completely exhilarating and bespoke experience.