This unique trip takes you to Chiang Mai in northern Thailand — an exotic paradise nicknamed “The Rose of the North,” and often referred to as Heaven on Earth. Here you’ll revitalise your mind, body and spirit while delving deep into the Thai culture and exploring its customs, cuisine and sports first-hand. You’ll meet locals, run jungle trails and revel in the country’s natural beauty and delicate peacefulness in a way that you’ve never dreamed possible — all while our personal trainers take you on your own bespoke fitness journey to get you into the best shape of your life.
Thailand’s hospitality is unrivalled. Whether you’re sipping tea in a private hill tribe home, enjoying a relaxing massage or learning the art of Muay Thai from a master, you’ll feel the calming pull of Thailand’s wonderful culture.
And for the foodies among you, prepare your taste buds to be dazzled: top Thai chefs will prepare a delectable array of dishes to keep you nourished throughout your schedule of workouts and adventures. They will also escort you on a trip to a local market where you’ll learn to select the best, freshest ingredients and then teach you how to prepare your own delicious and healthy Thai dishes — a skill you’ll cherish forever.
Planned in cooperation with our Thai partners, this fitness expedition takes you to the heart of Thailand, giving you exclusive access to authentic, rich experiences that you’ll never forget. Once you arrive, your feet will barely touch the ground as you embark on a journey to discover your true inner strength while also improving your physical strength, stamina and appearance.
Experience Thailand like never before. Northern Thailand is an unspoiled exotic piece of paradise. Visiting an exotic country is one thing, however to immerse oneself deep into the heart of a country, delve into a jungle and experience the touch and feel of nature like never before, it’s a totally different story. A completely unique experience. Fitness Travel Company have come together with our Thailand partners to create this magnificent adventure. Revitalise mind, body and spirit on this exhilarating trip of a lifetime. Once the trip begins your feet will never touch the ground, and you’ll discover a whole new side of excitement you didn’t know existed. As with all Fitness Adventure Travel departures, we included 3 weeks one-to-one training before you depart, plus 1 week when you return
Lisu Lodge is a spectacular hotel built in the traditional style of the Lisu people, a Tibeto-Burman ethnic group that inhabits the nearby Lisu Hill Tribe village. The hotel itself is part of a community-based project devoted to conserving the natural heritage of the hill tribes of northern Thailand. Lisu Lodge was designed with an eye for western comforts and is famous for its magical atmosphere and stunning setting overlooking the lush fields and hills surrounding the valley. This is the perfect base camp for your days of adventure, insight and relaxation.
Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai is Chiang Mai’s most magnificent resort. Spread over 60 acres of diverse landscape, it boasts serene paddy fields, exotic plantations and ancient palace-like structures. Here you’ll be enveloped in the rich heritage of the Lanna Kingdom. All of the resort’s spacious suites, villas and residences have been meticulously built in keeping with traditional Lanna and colonial-style architecture. They have private seating areas and generously proportioned bathrooms. Throughout the resort, an atmosphere of culture and calm prevails; beautiful artifacts from the resort’s private collection are displayed amidst the welcoming shroud of lush tropical greenery.
• Morning revitalization juice delivered to your door
• Early morning stretch
• Final Day Adventure Hunt: this activity combines exotic sightseeing, competition and hard-core fitness within a fast-paced, culturally thrilling treasure hunt. Participants will work together in teams to navigate Chiang Mai’s maze-like markets, bargain with street vendors and discover ancient ruins to complete their mission. Local fitness professionals will challenge you to high-energy challenges at cultural and historical checkpoints and at local gyms and parks. The final stop is a real Muay Thai gym where participants will put their week’s training to the test
Lanna Race challenges include:
• Tai Chi with locals in the park
• Scale a bouldering wall
• Complete mini circuit training
• Navigate maze-like Gad Luang, Chiang Mai’s oldest and biggest market, sample tasty local dishes, enjoy insect delicacies (if you dare!), learn about local handicrafts, and follow the aromas to the stunning ﬂower market
• Discover the secrets of the five gates to the ancient city and learn the names of the three founders of the kingdom
• Sample Chiang Mai’s incredible range of delicious street food
• Ring an ancient temple gong for good luck and learn about the 8-fold path to enlightenment
• Locate the largest teak Buddha in the world
• Dine at a local restaurant
• Farewell dinner party at a riverside restaurant
• Overnight at Dhara Dhevi
Northern Thailand is geographically characterised by multiple mountain ranges, which continue from the Shan Hills in bordering Myanmar and Laos, and the river valleys which cut through them. Though like most of Thailand, it has a tropical savanna climate, its relatively high altitude and latitude contribute to more pronounced seasonal temperature variation, with cooler winters than the other regions. Historically it is related to the Lanna Kingdom and its culture.
Each package is 7 nights & 8 days.
Fitness Adventure Travel combines successful fitness with exotic, intriguing destinations. Whether you request a specifically tailored itinerary, or choose one of our set departures, you can look forward to a completely exhilarating and bespoke experience.